The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of ABDOMINAL MASSAGE.
This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Addresses Male and Female reproductive organ and digestive disoders.
Arvigo Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to SELF REPAIR AND BALANCE.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women, men, and children.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo Therapy may help address:
FOR EVERYONE (INFANCY TO ELDERLY):
• Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
• Muscular Tension
• Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
• Varicose Veins
• Fertility Enhancement
• Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
• The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® address position and health of the pelvic and abdominal organs. The work is best known for the correction of prolapsed, fallen or tilted uterus and for the prevention and treatment of benign prostate enlargement in men and for relief of many digestive disorders.
• Menstrual Disorders (painful/irregular periods)
• Pre-Conception through Postpartum
• Discomforts of Pregnancy; Birth Preparation
• C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
• Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
• Polycystic ovarian syndrome
• Chronic bladder/yeast infections
• Pelvic organ prolapse
Men benefit greatly from Arvigo® techniques. By ensuring a full blood supply to the prostate, the abdominal massage helps to prevent swelling and inflammation. Men report that they can feel a distinct difference in blood flow after a treatment. Not only does the massage relieve prostate swelling, but it helps alleviate varicose veins, premature ejaculation, some impotency problems and the need to urinate frequently.
• Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
• Prostatitis (mild)
• Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION:
- Comprehensive review of your personal health history and current health care needs
- Abdominal massage focused on aligning reproductive and abdominal organs
- Evaluation and application of structural alignment of spine with attention to the sacrum , lumbar and thoracic spine
- Instruction in Self Care Home techniques to enhance your professional treatment session
- Recommendation of complementary modalities:
- Herbal remedies
- Castor oil packs
- Faja (organ support wrap)
- Bajos (traditional vaginal steam bath of the Mayas - pronounced ba-hos)
- Nutritional and or lifestyle education and adaptations
CONTRAINDICATIONS, CAUTIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS:
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are safe and effective with few contrainidcations of untoward outcomes. There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification. Please consult with your practitioner if you have any questions.
- During active menstruation
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- During the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy (modification)
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
- Any serious health condition that causes you concern
FAQ - Arvigo Maya Abdominal Therapy®
What are The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™?
How do the techniques work for women?
What could cause a displaced uterus?
• Pelvic ligaments that have weakened due to overstretching during pregnancy and birth
• High Impact exercise, running on cement surfaces, high impact aerobics, etc
• Lifting & carrying heavy objects before or during menstruation and too soon after childbirth
• Time, standing or sitting for long periods of time, gravity
• Past surgeries
• Weak pelvic floor muscles
• Chronic muscle spasm around the low back and sacrum
• Emotional armoring
What are the symptoms of a displaced uterus?
• Clots, or dark or brown blood during menses
• Headache or migraine associated with period
• Varicose veins of the legs and/or tired, weak or numb legs
• Low backache; back pain with period, bowel changes with period
• Endometriosis, uterine fibroids and uterine polyps
• PMS/ depression
• Frequent urination; bladder infections, incontinence
• Losing urine with cough, sneeze, jump
• Recurrent vaginal infections
• Chronic miscarriages
• Difficulty getting pregnant/Infertility
• Painful intercourse
• Chronic constipation
• Difficult menopause
How quickly should I expect a change?
How do the Arvigo Techniques support Fertility?
It has been estimated that approx 30 % of woman who have been unsuccessful in conceiving eventually conceive after a succession of Arvigo sessions alone. Treatments generally consist of massage, diet and lifestyle modifications, herbal therapies to enhance fertility.
Success rates are even higher with naturopathic care and acupuncture. Once the uterus is in its optimal position, there is improved blood flow and homeostasis to support and enhance fertility. When including the partner in the process, we find fertility is increased! Increased circulation increases sperm count and quality naturally.
I’ve had a Hysterectomy – how do the Arvigo Techniques help?
How do the Arvigo Techniques help with pregnancy and Caesarean sections?
Well being of the mother and baby are improved as they prepare for labor and delivery. A small study shows easier and shorter labor times for women who received the Arvigo treatments during pregnancy. Arvigo sessions after the baby’s birth prove beneficial for speeding mother’s recovery.
Untold numbers of Caesarian births could be prevented with this simple, safe, easy to learn massage technique. By strengthening and toning the uterus, ligaments and other pelvic organs, the massage helps to place and maintain the uterus in her optimal position for giving birth. Arvigo practitioners use this to prevent the need for a C-Section.
For women who have had a C-section, this technique is beneficial for breaking up scar tissue in the same way it works for women who have had hysterectomies. It can help with an easier birth for those who want a vaginal birth after caesarian (VBAC) for their next delivery.
How do the Arvigo Techniques support digestion?
Stresses and emotions cause the small intestine and colon to be “twisted or kinked” leading the blockages in the flow of peristalsis. Surrounding fascia creates adhesions that mal-position organs and impede proper blood flow and enzyme secretions. These techniques slowly improve fascia adhesions, scar tissue and remove any “kinks” in the digestive tract. Often there is a dramatic improvement after just one session when combined with proper diet and self-care.
Individuals with digestive disorders benefit greatly from the application of these techniques. Many of our common disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Indigestion, Constipation, and heartburn are treated with antacids, muscle relaxants, and a variety of other medications.
These treatments address symptoms, not the causes. By using the Arvigo™ Techniques, the upper abdomen is given a deep, thorough massage to loosen the tight muscles around the stomach and the arteries that feed the digestive and eliminative organs with their vital blood supply. The diaphragm is gently massaged allowing relaxation of tight musculature.
Will the Arvigo Techniques help with digestion problems following abdominal surgery?
What is “Self Care” and why does it help?
Over the years, practitioners report that their clients obtain relief from their symptoms more quickly when they perform daily self care and make the necessary lifestyle changes.